There’s a great post on Wine Folly detailing how to host a blind wine tasting party.
Here is the overall format of the party:
Have plenty of appetizers, water, glasses and a container for a wine spittoon. It works well when everyone invited brings a different bottle of wine. Keep it to straight varieties rather than blends.
1. You will have to cover the bottles so no one knows what they are…it is a blind wine tasting, after all!
2. Give each person a glass.
3. Keep the whites and reds separate and start with the white.
4. Pass the wines around and deliberate on the results after each taste.
5. Use the spittoon to avoid getting tipsy.
Now go to Winefolly’s article on blind wine tasting and read about how to discern the differences between the wines.